<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Strawberries & Cream...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strawberries & Cream...

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket The title of this post is due to the fact i look like a pile of strawberries with a dollop of cream on top (gave me a bit of a giggle this morning).

Ive started to realise that im quite drawn to red things...not just dresses but after spending a bit of time decorating our house we noticed subconsciously all the pops of colour are red...Z mentioned it and it was like a little lightbulb moment! Bizarre! i didn't even think i loved red that much!

So this is one of the many red dresses i have, i adore it! even though its not my usual 50's era vintage piece im drawn to it does have a 40's vibe to it & i love the gathered shoulders and waist bow tie! it does have a split through the front which is a little dangerous in strong wind...trust me!

I had a few exciting deliveries via ebay this week and this too cute Aslette hat was one of them, it travelled all the way from USA to perch on my head and i couldn't be more in love! i have had some luck on ebay recently a few vintage hats and enamel 60's brooches are on their way! Huzzah!!

I hope your week has been amazing, ive started watching Breaking Bad..it may be consuming my life a little! (like i need another series to get hooked on) XX

(Wearing: Vintage red wrap dress, Vintage watch, Vintage bird brooch, Vintage Max Factor reconstructed purse, Hobbs heels, Vintage hat)

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

I really like your pretty red dress but that hat!! It is amazing!

July 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

the whole ensemble is stunning- Brava! Encore! kami from thebluekazoo

July 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Perfection. I have just discovered your blog and I am totally besotted with your style. Thank you for the inpiration. xx

July 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Your dress is gorgeous. You look stunning in the wonderful outfit!

July 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Charmaine said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress. I am in dress envy!

July 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Ani Barrington said...

That dress looks like it was made for you. Just adorable!

July 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Wherethestyledthingsare said...

I think you look devine, and i agree, i have been drawn to red lately too and i think red looks amazing on us blondes :P

July 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Butch said...

I love this dress so much! Looks very 40's teamed with the hat.

Jade

July 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Aarika said...

You look divine! That dress is just too gorgeous for words!

July 4, 2012 at 6:32 AM  
Blogger Hannah Wilkinson said...

Stunning outfit, I think you look much more divine than strawberries and cream!
Also I received my polka dot dress this morning I won in your giveaway and I absolutely LOVE it, fits perfectly!
dimplesdiaries
x

July 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

this dress and little hat is lovely! i have to wear my red dresses more often ...

July 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Such a beautiful dress!

I'm very drawn to red too. In Amsterdam, I visited a shop called Red and it only stocked red items. It was amazing!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

July 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Natalie Suarez said...

beautiful as always!! love it :)

xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

July 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger alex said...

That dress is really pretty!

July 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely<3 kisses from Italy

July 13, 2012 at 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Katrina - Edelweiss Patterns said...

What a darling outfit! I just found your blog via Pinterest, and I just love the vintage style. : )

I love your hair and makeup, too!

Happy sewing,

Katrina

September 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home