<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Flowers & Favourites...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Flowers & Favourites...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I have many clothes i adore for different reasons but i thought id share with you a few of my favourite (heart skip a beat) dresses i have tucked in my overflowing closet.

The dusty blue wiggle dress i found while i was shopping for items to put in the shop, i sometimes have a hard time letting amazing pieces go and this was one of them! it fits like a glove and shows no sign of wear (perfect)

The second handmade pink one is my goal dress i found while op shopping! it is a few sizes too small for me and ive been working towards fitting it in the near future, im so slack at excercising that i have to motivate myself with pretty dresses that don't quite fit yet! (let me tell you it works) hopefully soon i can pop this pretty dress on!!

The black and white vintage checker dress i wear quite a lot, i cinch it in the waist with a red patent belt, it looks quite large and its basically impossible to wear without a belt but it is super comfy and how adorable is that collar?

Last but not least is a 1950's re-hemmed ball dress i found in one of my favourite vintage shops, its fabric is quite fragile and features adorable ribbons threaded through it but it only comes out on special occasions! Im petrified im going to put a hole through it or spill red wine so its only worn when i know im going to be on my best behaviour!

I hope you all had a fab weekend, i did venture out and op shop on Saturday morning as well as pick some super bright pillows for the living room and fresh flowers i whole heartedly believe in treating yourself with flowers (why wait for someone else to do it) XXX

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

cute pastel colors :)

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

July 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

A lovely collection of dresses! My favorite is the first one for the color and the little belt. The yellow ball dress reminds me of the dress that Belle in Beauty & the Beast (the Disney cartoon) wears at the end of the movie. :)

I do the same thing with buying dresses a wee bit small on me-- as long as they fit in the bust I figure I'll trim down a little on my waist eventually.

July 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

That last one is so lovely! I also buy clothes to motivate myself but then I never fit into them and just keep them forever.

Becky
Xx

Http://www.beckybedbug.com

July 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hello from a fellow Perth girl! I have just discovered your blog and am super happy I did, it is so pretty. I shall make myself a regular reader from now on xx

July 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Meg Eileen Carroll said...

the yellow one is so purty! It reminds me of sunshine. I know what you mean about trying to fit into dresses, and trying to get motivated (would love to hear how you get motivated). I see so many vintage dresses with 24 inch waists and have to go "damn!" because I'm not that small. and the first one is such a splendid shade of blue, it would go so well with your blonde locks.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

July 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah what an amazing goal dress, it's such a great motivational tool, especially when it's that pretty :@ I adore that yellow one too!

http://littlerubyrobin.blogspot.ie

July 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger Sushi said...

Such lovely dresses! What great finds :) x Sushi

July 2, 2012 at 3:06 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Finn said...

These are all so beautiful but that yellow one! Ah, love it.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

July 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah Dawneé said...

Pretty dresses and pretty flowers!

July 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Betty-Lou Do said...

The black and white one is to die for.

July 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Aarika said...

These are all so lovely... I love super versatile vintage dresses that you can wear over and over again!

July 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Elana said...

Every one of these is stunning! I am so in love with the 1950's ball dress, just absolutely gorgeous!

July 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

oh, i know why these cuties are your faves ... the yellow 55s dress is just awesome...

July 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home