<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: A Change Of Season..

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Change Of Season..

Firstly after uploading these pictures i realised i have a very obvious pattern for pulling a sod off smirky smile..don't ask me why!! i am very happy underneath it trust me!!
Ive had a week filled with amazingness (is that a word?..it is now) it started from Sunday when i attended my first ever...ever..swing dance class, this being something ive wanted to do forever and is on my list of things to do this year (Its stored in my head, not on paper...i find i get things done better that way) it was so fun and a little bumpy at first getting the basic moves down, i didnt stomp on anyones feet and i didnt trip myself up so huzzah for that.. i did however have calves that killed me for a day or so.. well worth it!! (heads up, be prepared for a whole lotta chit chat below)
Photobucket

Photobucket
I went again to my second class on Wed night and so far so good.. ill be Lindy Hopping it in no time..I also did my first shop update as a full time vintage seller and i want to say thank you to everyone who purchased items..i am always so so grateful!! fingers crossed i can stay employed and i dont need to fire myself - that could be awkward..
Photobucket

Photobucket
I got to thinking the other day how much im loving 2011 so far..not only from a business point of view but my life in general, Id have to say ive come a long way with this little blog and in turn its helped me discover who i really am..i know it sounds cheesy but its true!! i didnt always dress in a vintage style i always loved it and admired any lady who could don a cute hat and dress exactly the way she wished without a care.. but only after coming up with different outfits for the blog and a little encouragement to actually do the blog did i start to get the confidence to get crazy with it all.. i know its the usual story you hear on all blogs but i really understand what they mean..i guess its my turn now haha...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Now i wear what i love everyday without care of judgement or giggles, yes i will wear a fluffy faux fur hat with a purple pencil skirt if i feel like it and i actually like it when people whisper at me.. i feel like im being true to myself and i feel good in what im wearing, and thats the main thing!! I can also wear the amazing things i find and give them a second life instead of hanging them in my closet to just be looked at!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
So along with the whole self discovery banter, ive also ticked off lots of things i wanted to do this year already im self employed and living in a dream it feels like and ive sucked it up and acknowledged the fact that YES im single...and i need to stop living my life resisting things because of it, I didnt want to do dancing for so long because i felt that turning up without a partner was embarressing, going to the movies alone was out of the question and thinking that wearing that grandma inspired spotted dress would drive men away is no longer a thought in my mind!! I no longer get annoyed when couples are sad for me because i have no date to bring to a party..and i find amusement in them trying to set me up with their friend of a friend whos cousin just came back from europe..I know my mr right is somewhere..and im quite prepared to wait until the universe sends him my way.. So my point is..after all that...I simply dont care anymore, and neither should you..thats right im passing on the gospel..brush off that feather vintage cap put it on and go have a cocktail..alone even!! and dont even think about how it feels to sit there alone.. just think about how amazing that cocktail tastes.. and how not one girl in the room has that exact same hat!!!


(phew) i bet your all glad thats over...
Well have a fab weekend lovelies, Im hosting my sisters Hen's night on saturday so im sure craziness will ensue.. XX


(Wearing: Vintage swing skirt, Dotti Lace dress (worn as a top), Tony Bianco Pumps, Vintage ribbon hat, Ecali Bow Pendant, Vintage red clutch)

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Aww i'm so happy that you're having such a great year! I love all of your vintage looks and of course, the pieces in your store.

It's great that you've been able to embrace who you are and take on challenges previously intimidated you! And just for the record, being in a relationship does not mean you automatically have a dance partner for swing class. I'd still have to go alone ;)

xo

March 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

This is such a lovely post to read <3 I am so glad to hear that your blog helped you discover a bit more about yourself (I only just started mine but that is one of the main reasons I did!) Your style is very darling and very 'you' and it must feel wonderful to be at home in your own skin :) Apologies for the long comment, but your post really rung true to me! <3 x

March 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You always have such a lovely, feminine way about you. It's simply charming & I enjoy all of your posts. This ensemble is no exception. So beautiful.

I couldn't agree more with your outlook in life. My whole world has changed since I quit my horrid job back in Sept. I'm currently trying to make self employment work and I find it incredibly freeing. My soul feels fulfilled and happy. Here's to a fabulous 2011 for all!

March 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM  
Anonymous kara said...

What an inspiring post! just what i needed to hear =)congratulations for being at peace with yourself ~ that's hard to accomplish...

March 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Meg Windram said...

Very inspiring blog & love the pieces in your store - will be keeping an eye out for any new pieces I must have!! ;) BTW, I want that black skirt... =P
Great inspiration, thank you =) xx

March 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Aileen said...

I couldn't help but smile the entire way through this post :]

March 18, 2011 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Eglė said...

Thank you for being so honest and by that inspiring! You know I've just started my blog, so far it's only in Lithuanian and I have only 4 followers (who btw are my friends:) I'm thinking maybe in the future I'll start writing my blog in two languages (LT-ENG), but so far don't have the courage to do that yet...Anyway, your words helps me to understand that everyone needs to start somewhere and only after a while you can accomplish a lot.
SO SO happy for you that you've found yourself! It doesn't matter that the mean for that was your blog. Actually it's even better, because you were able to follow your progress ;) So just stay true to yourself and everything will fall into its place.
Love today's outfit too. Btw, I don't know whether anyone has ever told you, but you remind me of Drew Barrymore.Please take it as a compliment ;)

stylisu.blogspot.com

March 18, 2011 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

That's great that your classes are going well and you are gaining a great confidence level in how you dress out in public!! What fun!! I adore your outfit, but that's usual!!

March 18, 2011 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm impressed with you starting at swing dancing classes, it sounds so much fun.
The outfit is absolutely beautiful, all the different elements working so well together.
Loved the bit about being single, I've been dubbed an 'old cat lady' by my friends for it, but it doesn't bug me :)

http://www.beautifulandamned.blogspot.com

March 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Miss Woody said...

so lovely !

March 19, 2011 at 3:43 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

gorgeous!

swing class?! so cool. a friend of mine is attending her second class this year with her bf. she really loves it. and i'm really intrested too - but there's no man around, who dares to swing around with me.
so i will start a oriantal dance class on monday (i wanted this for years, too). this hopefully means a good groundwork to improve my burlesque dancing.
blah, too mach dancing in my head.
; )

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

March 19, 2011 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Young Gucci Purse said...

I totally relate to what you said about your blog giving you confidence to dress however you want regardless of what others think! I'm only in high school so a lot of judgemet ensues, but the blogs's taught me to just wear what I want! I absolutely adore the little collar on your shirt and the hat is simply precious:) It's very classic. I love.

March 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Mischel double W said...

this look is soo romantic and fits you perfectly!! just found your blog and i like it a lot, i´m your new follower :)

http://www.mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

March 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger eleanor said...

I just found your blog and I'm so happy I did! You are gorgeous and your style is wonderful. I love this outfit - black and white with a pop of red is such a beautiful, classic look!

And I can definitely identify with what you are saying here - blogging has taught me to worry less about what people on the street think and more about what I love to wear!

March 20, 2011 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger liz said...

I just found your blog via Miss Melissa! you are just a doll! Glad to be your newest follower!

March 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh I love that lace top/dress! x

March 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Dropstitch said...

Ally, what a truly lovely outfit :)

March 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

So beautfiul. x hivennn p.s enter my giveaway?

March 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home