<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Restyle: Speckled Sun

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, August 6, 2012

Restyle: Speckled Sun

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Outfit 7

I love dressing up monochrome pieces with bright accessories i am like a bird attracted to bright shiny things sometimes!

I found this cute dress while spending a Saturday op shopping, i usually make a day of it, download some music on my ipod and go through every single rack. I find alot of nanna dresses but the print and high collar caught my eye and i instantly thought i could put it together with a pop of colour.

It's funny that my grandmother is still baffled sometimes as to why i dress like she used to but i know she loves it!! We occasionally sit and look through photos of when she was growing up and i am always so sad that she never kept any of her dresses they are so beautiful and i am sure it would have been pretty surreal for her to see her handmade dresses on her granddaughter, its definitely encouraged me to look after the amazing pieces of vintage i have to pass on to my daughter (god willing) one day (or son...you never know!) i love thinking that they will continue to be loved even when im gone.

As me and Z are keeping a low profile these days (saving..saving) we are finding entertainment in solid marathons of Breaking Bad and an attempt to cook more...on the cards tonight its Sarma...what have i got myself in for ahhh!!!

XX *Dont forget to check out the other amazing bloggers that are in the Restyle project*

(Wearing: Vintage belt, Salvation Army op shopped bag $2.99, AnglicareWA dress $5.00, Boston Babes heels)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Betty-Lou Do said...

that dress is a dream!

August 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My grandma says the same thing to me! She told me that she kept none of her dresses, but I have made some of her handmade maternity stuff work (mostly with some belts.)

You look wonderful! Love the colors.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

August 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh, how lovely! It must be wonderful to go through photos with your grandma.

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

August 7, 2012 at 3:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite things is looking at old family photos, especially those of my great grandmother from the 30's and 40's. - And as always you look beautiful in your outfit. - Love the shoes by the way.

- tianna :)

http://suffocatedbliss.blogspot.com

August 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Betty2Tone said...

I always knew I was hitting the vintage mark when my Grandpa told me I looked stylish! :) My Dad on the other hand, just calls me "highschool girl" to make fun of me whenever I dress like girls he went to highschool with haha

August 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

haha, thats so cute! Grandpa's know their fashion x

August 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

So sad isn't it! oh well at least you have a few to play around with x :)

August 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home