<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, March 19, 2012

I feel like im visiting an old friend! a whole week without blogging!!!! oh my...the truth is i couldn't have blogged even if i desperately had to, no internet connection in the new house yet and the fact that all my clothes have been in boxes means i have been living a less than glamourous life lately.

We made the decision to paint the entire house before we moved in (which sounded like such a good idea at the time) and to a no idea nancy it seemed really easy..just buy paint right? and brush it on! like painting a canvas? uhhh...no! Thankfully my partners dad is superman at painting and basically did the house for us probably because it was painful for him to watch me push the roller all over the wall in a random fashion, i have a few before and after pictures ill share with you when the house becomes a little more like a human living space than a place where boxes go to die.

So in my mind painting was going to be a blast wearing a pretty dress perched on top of paint tins and balancing oh so delicately off ladders while the wall basically paints itself! (kidding)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Instead i made friends with my comfy target flats, was ok about not washing my hair for a week or so, gave up on hoping my nails would survive and enjoyed getting a little dirty!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Owning a house has been alot of hard work so far but im loving it! im so excited to have a place of our own!
Posting will now resume and i can get back to regular medium paced life huzzah!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

two absolutely adorable outfits! good luck with the rest of the painting. i totally feel you- i decided to paint my room a few years ago, dark plum. terrible terrible idea. 4392042 coats of paint later.

March 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Siena in Style said...

so cute!
http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

March 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM  
Blogger Meg Eileen Carroll said...

haha, this post made me laugh, especially "a place where boxes go to die." super awesome capris!!

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

March 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Ah so cute! I love that dress but the second outfit is adorable!! The headscarf adds a great touch, and you look just lovely :)

Kisses
Xoxo

http://ninasclosetsa.blogspot.com

March 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

Oh your outfit posts are always so inspiring! I adore that second outfit.

March 20, 2012 at 1:41 AM  
Blogger Butch said...

Love both outfits!

Jade

March 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM  
Blogger Emma Litton said...

Yes, painting is hard work, but it's so exciting to see things coming together as you want. You look adorable in both outfits, just lovely!

xo,
Em

March 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Render Sublime said...

hahah i recently painted a room.... i had the same thoughts as you!! I thought it would be fun and Id wear pretty outfits bla bla la.... haha oh how wrong I was!!! Its actually not that easy or fun. Everything looks great, love! Congratulations!

March 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Miss Kettie said...

Congrats to the new place! We also have a new house, and a new country :) I'm looking forward to donning a Vintage Valley dress for friday's outing!

March 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so adorable!!! I love those pants. Painting is BIG, HUGE job! I hope I never have to paint any rooms ever again. Good luck with everything at your new place :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

March 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger aprileveryday said...

I love the second outfit! Me and my boyfriend have just moved next door to the extension my dad built and decided to decorate the whole place before moving. We've had the keys over a week and still haven't finished the one room we started on yet and we have loads more to go! :(

March 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home