<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Casual Cotton...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Casual Cotton...

We have been having the hottest start to Autumn so much so im still wearing light cotton dresses and straw hats, im a little torn...as much as i like the heat and being able to wear as less as possible im looking forward to wearing my hair down without it getting instantly frizzed and finally getting a good nights sleep...i live in a townhouse...let me just say i get no breeze up there!! its a sauna..

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love how cute the back of this cotton dress is..you dont really notice it until the wind blows and you feel it on your back...and then your like ohhh yeah i have a hole in my dress!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I dont know if you remember (it was a while ago) but for my birthday last year i bought myself another tattoo i know its a very divided topic and not everyone likes them but i happen to love them, each one i have has been done at meaningful times in my life so i dont have an ounce of regret.. this one was for my grandfather, he was obsessed with aeroplanes but was never able to fly as he was colourblind so instead he built their engines!! he could tell what model one was just by hearing the sound it made flying above him..pretty amazing, i found this design online by an amazing designer in America and she was sweet enough to let me use it, as soon as i saw it, it reminded me of him straight away and resembles him in a cuter more me way than putting a massive aeroplane on me!! i love the fact that your body is an amazing canvas for art...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Also The Vintage Valley is hosting a giveaway on Miss-Melissa's gorgeous blog pop on over to be in the running to win a $50 voucher to my shop!! quick, quick!!
So ive got a huge weekend lots of wedding planning for my sister and DIY, park dwelling, meeting with an amazing photographer for my lookbook and cocktails on Saturday night with this pretty lady..i cant wait...
XX
(Wearing: Vintage cotton dress, vintage tooled belt, vintage straw hat & Boston Babes patent pumps)

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Lala. said...

totalmente hermoso! talking in spanish! i love this dress, your tattoo, the belt, shoes. This outfit is simply perfect. I looks so relaxed and cute!
besos
Lala.

March 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You look amazing! This dress highlights your teeny tiny waist!

Thanks for mentioning the giveaway :) I'm SO excited for it!!

March 31, 2011 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

The back of that dress is amazing! Love how the tattoo just peeks out. The story behind your tattoo is so sweet.

March 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger ALWAYS CHASING said...

Hi miss, just a reminder that you have to be a follower on google friend connect to be a winner (fingers crossed for you, the teal hat would look lovely on you!)

March 31, 2011 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger eleanor said...

I think your tattoo is really beautiful - as is the story behind it. The dress is gorgeous too, I love the back detail! You look wonderful.

March 31, 2011 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger Siena in Style said...

you are so beautiful!thank you for leaving me comment im happy to follow you bacck, kiss from prrague!

April 1, 2011 at 12:15 AM  
Blogger I V Y said...

you look stunning! i love how the dress has the cutout right in the spot of your tattoo! beautiful. great look.

blog
twitter
zebra and meerkat shop

April 1, 2011 at 3:20 AM  
Blogger Meg Eileen Carroll said...

i adore your blog.
firstly, your style is amazing, your photos are stunning and it's just lovely in general.
never been to perth before (live in geelong), but may I ask, are there many good vintage stores there?
thanks again!

April 1, 2011 at 3:22 AM  
Blogger Lippylash said...

You look beautiful!

April 1, 2011 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

Absolutely stunning!

April 1, 2011 at 3:39 AM  
Blogger Mischel double W said...

i totally love the 4 picture! very beautiful <3

http://mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

April 1, 2011 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Baby Budget Blog said...

I love this dress! The cutout in the back showing the tattoo is both so feminine and kickbutt! Love the lighting as well! Please come visit my blog when you have a chance and maybe we can follow each other?

www.plentyforpennies.com

April 1, 2011 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Chicca said...

Amazing shots!!!You look great and the dress is adorable!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

April 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that dress is seriously amazing, and i love the cutout, especially since it shows off your cute tattoo. just found your blog and i love it!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

April 1, 2011 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

You are so beautiful, Ally! That dress is lovely on you. And I love the cutout on the back-- such a simple detail and it shows off your cute tattoo!

April 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Your dress & tattoo is very beautiful. I love the bright pops of color with your lips & nails. Your tattoo story makes my eyes tear a bit. Guess I'm just missing my grandfather too. Thanks for sharing :)

April 1, 2011 at 4:08 PM  
Anonymous kara said...

beautiful! the dress and the tattoo are perfect!! hugs...

April 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

so beautiful - your posts never cease to inspire me.

April 1, 2011 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I saw this, did a series of short quick breaths of excitement, and knew I had to comment. Because it's amazing.

xoxo
Em
mandemstyle.blogspot.com

April 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is such a sweet tattoo Ally!
p.s. your hair looks so nice in this post :)

xx T
lefanciulle.blogspot.com

April 2, 2011 at 1:20 AM  
Anonymous Krissy said...

Ugh! I know what you mean about this atrocious Perth weather. Surely a day of rain and under 25C isn't too much to ask?

Just wanted to say I love your tattoo in honour of your Granddad. It's a beautiful tribute.

Have a nice weekend!

April 2, 2011 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

you look so pretty and summery!cheered me up..we just had snow here :(

April 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love the story behind your tattoo. It is very cute. I happen to love tattoos as well. This look is very pretty!

April 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger dani said...

I absolutely love your new tattoo! Funny, I have been wanting to get a paper airplane tattoo myself for a couple of different reasons - one actually being my grandpa, as well! He flew airplanes when he was in the armed forces, and all I remember him doing when I was little was designing planes and calculating some kind of physics of flying! What a coincidence - your tattoo is beautiful! :)

<3 The Daily Dani

April 3, 2011 at 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beautiful ... Stunning photos...

April 4, 2011 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

this dress looks so delicious...
i love how you paired it with this brown belt.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

April 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Lippylash said...

Gorgeous!! You look a bit like Drew Barrymore.. xx

http://lippylash.blogspot.com/

April 5, 2011 at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home