<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Casual Weekdays...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Casual Weekdays...

Only after uploading these images did i realise i almost have the same colour palette as the last outfit.. hmm im in a navy mood this week i guess..but really i did work the outift around the skirt because im seriously in love with it..
Photobucket
Uh.. Pleated perfection really... wouldn't you say? and plus it also reminded me a little of the Rodarte skirt (but even a little cuter i think) i do have a green cotton pleated skirt i have featured on the blog before but the cut and fit of this skirt feels a whole lot better.. and it makes me want to twirl!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
So i titled todays post Casual Weekdays because i do like to dress up alot..but i wanted to show you what i would wear just as an every day mid week outfit!! something easy to move about in.. with minimal fuss but a bit of elegance!! for the days when your hair is playing up (like today) where the humidity here has totally made all the waves dissapear from my hair.. ahh..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
So i left my most lady like pose for the last image haha but really i mean look at the size of our balcony...bit of a joke really!! is it normal to feel claustrophobic on a balcony?
Also a big thank you to everyone for your swing dancing suggestions.. i think ive found a centre to do it at and im going to be taking their beginners course next month eek!! exciting... im looking forward to checking all my mini goals off one by one..
So this weekend will be filled with alot of coffee, A baby shower for my best friends sister, listening to The National over and over and scouring the internet for my bike...(and hopefully squeezing in a bit of reading and a photoshoot)
Have a swell weekend XX hop on over for Music Monday next week!!

(Wearing: Vintage navy pleated skirt, Vintage leaf trail top, Vintage gold leaf necklace, Gifted red patent heels)

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Chaucee said...

Your casual days are a lot cuter than mine! This skirt is quite the beauty. What a find!

January 13, 2011 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

Wow, I wish my casual days looked as fantastic as this! That skirt is absolutely fabulous. I have been looking for the perfect pleated skirt for a while!

January 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Think Twice Style said...

My casual days usually don't include heels, but to each her own! I love your skirt! Especially with that prim and proper sweater- so 50s!

January 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Zarna said...

that vintage skirt is beautiful! i love it!

January 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger K A T H L E E N said...

lovely outfit! that skirt is so pretty

January 13, 2011 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I adore this pleated skirt. So beautiful. I think I need to buy one now! Haha.

Also, I'm passing the Stylish Blogger Award on to you! There's a little web badge that goes with it and everything! You can pick it up here: http://museuminternmusings.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-museum-intern.html

January 13, 2011 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Seriously adore this pleated skirt.

I have actually been eyeing some similar skirts but I think i'd be too short to pull one off!

Love these vintage pieces as well

Melissa
http://miss-melissa.com

January 13, 2011 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In love with that skirt!!! it looks and fits great on you....I must say you have good taste!!

January 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Carys said...

I love the last pose!! Your skirt is so nice, I agree, I would just want to twirl and twirl!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

January 14, 2011 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger Trendydolap said...

you look so feminen & chic. I like the color of your shoes.

good combination!

January 14, 2011 at 3:46 AM  
Blogger Trendydolap said...

you look so feminen & chic. I like the color of your shoes.

good combination!

January 14, 2011 at 3:48 AM  
Blogger fashion doctor said...

the skirt that beautyful!!!love your outfit!

January 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your casual is my smart :D You look amazing! Gorgeous skirt and I love the pattern on your sweater. Mrs Draper eat your heart out :)

January 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Jamie-Lee Burns said...

You look gorgeous! I love your midi length skirt - I'd love to try out this trend eventually, although can't say I've seen any pleated midi length skirts yet around wellington :)

January 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

this is gorgeous. i can't tell ou, which piece i like most... the cardi or this amazing pleated skirt. it's blue... lovely blue.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

January 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

How you rock the accordion skirt. Oh wait. . .you rock everything. I drool and dream every time you make an outfit entry.

January 15, 2011 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger iris said...

Tha skirt is so great! I'd love to get one similar soon. :)
How are you sweetie? hope everything's ok:)
xx

January 16, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Jenelle Witty said...

Ah I love navy and pleated things! This skirt is such a great find! Glad you finished it off with red lips.

Hype.

January 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home