<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: When hope is all we have...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When hope is all we have...

So i did want to do an outfit post today but im finding it hard to write about things that are making me happy this week with all the horrible things that are going on in Australia at the moment...The devistation that overcomes me when i think and see images of the floods in QLD that is only getting worse by the day (keep in mind it is the middle of summer here), all the houses lost and countless people missing is too awful for words.. i honestly cant believe that Perth is in a little Summer bubble and hasnt had a drop of rain, Its trully baffling...
Photobucket

Photobucket
All the same it does make you grateful for being safe and really does make you appreciate everything you have.. and by being able to offer support by donations every little bit counts i guess...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Since we have been having a bit of a heat wave recently ive been pulling out my old dresses trying to give them as much love as i can, I love this little blue number when i first started buying beautiful vintage pieces (when my purse would allow) i spotted this one at my fav little boutique and it was instant love, the fabric has a kind of give to it so that even if you feel like your having a blah day it makes you feel instantly sexy!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And now for a little secret.. I have been wanting to take swing dancing lessons for awhile now... in fact ive put it on my list of goals this year!! and ive been looking into it... and since im just a little single lady its fairly daunting not having a partner to do it with (especially when your friends are determined to not do it), you automatically flash back to high school and the fear of getting picked last for the netball team forces itself into your mind.. but all the same im determined to do it.. and hey i guess if i dont have anyone i know there i wont mind making a fool of myself by tripping over my own feet... (unless there is a particularly handsome swing dancer there)
Ive been thinking i might do a post about my new years goals.. if anyone would want to read them!! they are mostly pretty funny.. as im trying to go with the thought of doing something that completely petrifies me rather than staying within my safe bubble....

I hope your all having a safe and wonderful week so far... and to everyone over in QLD my thoughts are with you.. XX

(Wearing: Vintage Paris navy dress, Boston babes heels, vintage red belt & Vintage re-designed makeup bag)

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger emma_G said...

It's completely heartbreaking :(
I'm sitting in my aircon cause it's hot over here and those poor people are losing everything.

But on a lighter not love the dress

January 11, 2011 at 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so, so sad. I still can't comprehend what's going on.. Nor can I believe we have 37 degree heat in Perth and not a drop of rain... Strange.

I love your outfit Ally, you look beautiful (as always).

It's great you want to try swing. My sister used to go swing dancing and loved it. She was taught by this group http://www.swingzing.com/. I've met quite a few people from this group. They are really nice and the lady that runs it (Sophie), is very organised and a lovely person too ;) I don't dance myself but my sister has had some great times with this group. They love meeting new people! Ch-ch-check it out as they have classes all over Perth xxx

January 11, 2011 at 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and don't forget swing etiquette; you can not to refuse a dance ;) no flashbacks to high school necessary :)

January 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger WobiSobi said...

Saying a prayer for all those this has affected. And you are just too lovely. Love the dress the blog and your Style.

January 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

This is a lovely outfit, and I have also not taken swing dancing lessons for exactly the same reasons, but this year I have promised to overcome it! Because it's too fun not to do.

I only just heard about the floods recently - and my prayers are definitely with everyone affected. I have some close friends in Australia, including some from Queensland, and so they've been on my mind a lot.

January 11, 2011 at 8:03 PM  
Anonymous The Velvet Bow said...

Ally I live in Perth and I do swing dancing too! I do it with Swing It (the best of the schools in Perth) and have been doing it for about a year now. It is the best fun ever and perfect for a vintage loving gal like yourself because you can dress up and there are lots of fun swing dancing events.

Don't worry at all about doing it by yourself, most people do and you really get to meet all the people on the swing scene so I am sure it will become like a new family of friends for you.

Anyway if you need any extra info on it let me know. It would be great to see you theer! :)

Jess
The Velvet Bow

January 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So horrible watching the news over here about the floods - its looks so scary! Ive got mates in Brisbane so hoping everyone I know stays safe. Super cute dress BTW! xx

January 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Jamie-Lee Burns said...

I love your outfit, it is absolutely gorgeous! As for the swing dancing, I think you should go for it!

January 12, 2011 at 1:43 AM  
Blogger Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I'm happy to see that you are giving your dresses love so much. This is quite lovely on you. Here it is snowing and over there you are all warm and cozy. so cool. Although I am extremely sad for all the families suffering out in Queensland now.

January 12, 2011 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger Think Twice Style said...

I love your dress! It's so prim and proper but the shoes keep it relaxed. I am so excited that you're taking swing dance lessons! I took a class last semester that included swing dancing, and let me tell you, it is so much fun! We only had 4 guys in the class so selection was sparse but it's fun to bust a move at a party and teach other people!

January 12, 2011 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

That dress is so cute! I love the colour combination blue-red-white... so sailor! x

January 12, 2011 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger JEAN-PIERRE said...

sorry about the floods and swing dancing sounds fun, you look beautiful.

January 12, 2011 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

your outfit is absolutlky adorable. this time i love these amazing shoes most.


there's a flood in germany too - because of tons of melting snow. most of the people living near the river in eastern germany are loosing their houses nearly every year! but this time this flood isn't as bad as the horrible flood in australia.

www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

January 12, 2011 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

It's so crazy to think that the other day there were bushfires over in WA and torrential rain here in QLD. Sometimes you have to wonder if we're even in the same country (although I guess with thousands of k's separating each coast, anything is possible).

Anyway, this is a lovely outfit. I absolutely adore that belt. Good luck with the swing lessons! I can't wait to hear more about it.

January 13, 2011 at 2:19 AM  
Blogger Missariadne said...

So sweet!
Lovely style!

January 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's nice! I love all the vintage things... Just discovered your blog now... I like it!

Kisses.

http://levoiture.blogspot.com/

January 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I really wish I could find more vintage pieces as gorgeous as this dress. I don't have very good vintage luck!

This dress really is pretty and I love your red lip. Stunning.

Melissa
http://miss-melissa.com

January 13, 2011 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Carrie's Clothes said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 15, 2011 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie's Clothes said...

I love your outfit it's so classy and simple yet bold. I love the color of your dress!

http://carriesclothes.blogspot.com/

January 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger iris said...

We all are praying for those affected who are suffering... it's so terrible:ººº( I'm glad you and your family are safe... really...
Love from Madrid xxx

January 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home