<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Black Velvet..

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Black Velvet..

 photo _MG_0093_zpsaa5db037.jpg

 photo _MG_0095-1_zpsdefb512f.jpg

 photo _MG_0104_zpsec28ed70.jpg

 photo _MG_0107_zpsb8a7ba74.jpg
As promised here is the second outfit from the Voices of 2013 which i wore to the launch party! I of course had a much fancier hair do but as it was rather early this morning when i took these photos you are being forced to look at my boring hair for today! I wish i managed to get more photos of my outfit that night but since i had cake pops hovering in front of my face for most of the night i think it took the glamour away from the look!

I dont have too many bombshell dresses in my exploding wardrobe i tend to gravitate towards bright, playful & printed vintage dresses but it really is an amazing dress i couldn't pass it by! I found this velvet wonder while spending an afternoon at MoMo's (a must to visit) i was sipping on hazelnut coffee and gabbing about fabrics with the lovely owner Beth when i spied it on the (tiny girls) rack. I instantly thought i dont care im going to squeeze my way in if i have to..hold me down and grease me up! To my surprise it fit perfectly and i knew it was a winner for the event!

The only thing missing was a brooch which i had hunted high and low for, i visited a shop while i was in Sydney that was very high priced vintage but the jewellery was to die for! Im guessing its 60's but im not too versed on vintage jewellery era's but all the same its quite cute! (a nice edition to my collection)

Only downfall of a velvet 50's dress....you catch yourself constantly feeling the fabric (i know it sounds weird but it feels so soft) haha.

Well i hope you all have a fab weekend lined up! I am visiting the Vintage Vixens and Vamps event on Sunday so i might see you there if your going!

(Wearing: 1950's velvet dress, Vintage brooch, Vintage clutch)

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger MoMos Vintage Perth said...

I love the silhouette this gives you! And the brooch is a perfect touch!

May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This dress is wonderful! What an amazing find! It's so classic and pretty. Makes me wish I had one like it!

May 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha the velvet thing is true - you end up touching it, then other people start stroking you!
Hmm must remember to tell Steph about MoMo's :)

xx T (lefanciulle)

May 24, 2013 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger Melodie said...

This dress is absolutely amazing Ally, and it fits like a glove!! Oh and that brooch...is to die for, I couldn't agree more!!
Beautiful outfit you must have been the prettiest one at the launch!
xoxo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

May 24, 2013 at 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Strong said...

Tolle Bilder

May 24, 2013 at 3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love velvet (and it is hard to resist touching it repeatedly) and this looks just stunning on you.

May 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Ladies in Navy said...

you look gorgeous in this black velvet!
kw, ladies in navy
jewelry giveaway!

May 24, 2013 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

This is so beautiful! I would be stroking the dress the whole time if I wore it haha!

Becky
xx

May 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

This dress looks absolutely breathtaking on you. Beauty!

May 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger ruemiraldi said...

Your dress looks beautiful. If you are looking for any more vintage brooches, I have so many gorgeous ones on my ebay site.
Regards,
Lorraine (ruemiraldi on ebay.com.au)

May 25, 2013 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger Charmaine said...

Platinum hair was made for you - you have the perfect colouring to pull it off and have it look natural!

May 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stunning Ally! Just gorgeous :)

May 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you! I will take a look xx

May 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Awww thank you! thats so sweet xxxxx

May 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That dress is amazing! You look absolutely gorgeous - you must have been the belle of the ball. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

May 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home