<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Pleats & Posies

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, August 8, 2011

Pleats & Posies

I Ally..am a self confessed vintage clothing addict...as i think you may all have realized,
Im guilty of feeding my undying urges to scour piles of clothes and using elbows to force my way over to the 1950's flower print dress hidden between the 80's polyester two piece suits.

I may not need that hand embroided blouse or another dress to add on to my one day..i might...never..hopefully get around to hemming but its sure a rush to know im the only girl who will be wearing it and no one else can pop out and buy the replica..its mine all mine!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Although feeding my vintage addiction means my poor wardrobe is bursting and to tell the truth i still love every piece i own!! so every now and then when ive almost given up on deciding what to put on and im about to crack it and announce im not going anywhere...because i have nothing to wear, ill pull open a drawer and find nestled in the back a perfect navy pleated skirt that sparks a surge of outfit ideas...and all is good again!!! So when your boyfriend insists you have too many clothes..you can shake the pleated skirt in his face and say see...i knew id wear this more than once!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The corset top is actually a little dress but because the pleated skirt has a little volume to it i could get away with double layering, we had a few cheeky days of sun this week so i couldn't wait to add a little pretty print.. I have a few little projects in the works at the moment but top of my list is dress making lessons ( its always been a dream of mine to have my own dress collection) im looking up a few classes so hopefully soon ill be whipping up some cute vintage inspired pieces yay!!!

I hope your all having a swell week so far, im off to make some more of THIS tea because...its darn amazing.

(Wearing: Vintage pleated skirt, Vintage yellow belt, Vintage bag, DJ floral bodice dress, Brown leather wooden clogs, Vintage gold necklace)

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm completely feelin' you! I love my vintage clothes and sometimes don't even mind that I may even only wear a piece once a season....I just feel so please to own a piece of history. It makes me feel so glamorous!! ~Serene

August 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Vintage Sweetheart said...

That sounds exactly like me! I have alot of dresses that need hemming and my clothes are in two rooms because I have too many!

E :)

August 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger PuppyLovePrincess said...

what a lovely skirt! i'm obsessed with pleats lately. for some reason they remind me of that time of year when the summer starts drifting into fall...

August 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger The Semi Sweet said...

Oh I have that same disease. It's sickening the way I am cultivating all this vintage for my own selfish reasons. But I'll continue doing this until someone commits me to a crazy house.

I love the pretty pleated skirt! It's such a great deep blue color.

August 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Seriously lovely skirt on you, like it was made for you! Really!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Vintage ROAD TRIP giveaway

August 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love the pleated skirt with the corset top! such a gorgeous combo!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

August 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Emma Litton said...

Love the pleated skirt! So darling paired with the other dress as a top.

xo,
Em

August 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Little Miss C said...

Hi Ally!
Love the blog and the store, the store website is looking fantastic!
I'm a current fashion student located in Perth WA too and was wondering if you'd help my fledgling label out by filling in a short market research questionnaire about all things fashion? I'm heavily invested in vintage and the blogging community and am just looking for some insight as part of my curriculm requirements! If you're interested please let me know at little_miss_cz@live.com.au or at my blog booksboysandblouses@blogspot.com
Thank you, keep up the great work love your blog.
Anybody else interested feel free to contact me
Love C

August 9, 2011 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

Totally agree, I hate getting rid of clothes.. what if you need it again to complete an outfit?? Your top is gorgeous too.

August 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Hoyt said...

Love this skirt! Perfect length.

August 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! I love those pleated skirt moments and it makes it so hard to re-donate clothes

August 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

ha, i love this post. so fun. so true.

i love every single piece of this outfit. this skirt is absolutely adorable!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

August 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Katy Rose said...

I love this skirt! I think it might be the best looking pleated skirt I have seen this season. It fits you so well and the pleats are perfect. Adorable!! - Katy

August 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I love, love this skirt! I layer dresses and skirts all the time. Layering makes it feel like I have more blouses and it keeps me warm in the winter.

Samantha - Mus(eum)ings
http://museuminternmusings.blogspot.com

August 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I really love your clothes! Always. Those shoes are amazing.

August 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger the girl never gets older said...

yay, I found a new favourite blog! I love everything about it, your sense of style, your pictures, EVERYTHING! you're gorgeous ♥

August 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

That skirt is pretty much perfect!

August 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home