<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Stop Staring...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Stop Staring...

 photo _MG_0432_zps1bffbd80.jpg

 photo _MG_0429_zps857287b7.jpg

 photo _MG_0431_zps9462bb04.jpg

 photo _MG_0434_zps3c63232c.jpg

A few weeks ago I took the plunge and invested in a Stop Staring dress, I had always admired the flattering fit but I couldn’t justify the price for a retro reproduction, in a moment of desperate “ive got absolutely nothing to wear” I decided to bring one home!

To say I am in love with it is an understatement! The fabric has just enough stretch to sit, eat, drink and be merry without worrying about seam splitting, the subtle ruching means your all tucked in, in just the right places and it’s the perfect length and tightness to feel like a sexy secretary hitting the town.

I must say now that it is definitely worth the money if you are looking for a dress that feels like it was made for you, however my heart still lies with vintage it will always have that certain magic a brand new dress could never live up to!

I hope your weekend was swell! I spent mine with tequila, dancing and Mexican (not necessarily in that order) hot milo on the couch with Duke and watching Walk The Line for the 50th time…not too shabby I’d say!

(Wearing: Stop Staring Dress, Hobbs bow heels, Vintage gloves, Faux flower)

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous in this dress! I mean, you always look gorgeous but this dress is incredibly flattering. The bow detail at the bust is wonderful and I love the flower in your hair too.

July 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Woah, Ally, woah! What a stunning dress on you! I love how well you know your own body and what suits you... well at least I assume you do, because you always dress perfectly! I'd say this dress is an investment ;)

Steph xx

July 15, 2013 at 3:43 AM  
Blogger Aimeecakes said...

this is so so beautiful - fits as if it was made for you!

July 15, 2013 at 3:56 AM  
Blogger Becky Kozak said...

That dress is AMAZING on you!!! Love it!!

xo Becky
Seductive Mania

July 15, 2013 at 4:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful dress - you look absolutely gorgeous! Stop Staring has some amazing dresses to offer, but this one is spectacular!

July 15, 2013 at 4:46 AM  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

Beautiful, that dress is so flattering!

July 15, 2013 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy guacamole (you did go out for mexican...) - you look AMAZING! You are always so well put together, I love seeing what you wear!

xx
Mon

July 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This dress was made for you. I think Stop Staring! has really good quality dresses. I only have one, but I love it. The fit is great, but you're right, vintage is more whimsical and fun!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

July 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Melodie said...

This dress is fantastic and fit you perfectly Ally, you look absolutely stunning!
I found the perfect "sexy secretary" kinda dress from Modcloth last winter and I'm in love with it! I feel a tiny bit like Joan Harris everytime I wear it (obviously without the amazing shape she has though)!
Good choice you made, it's a beautiful dress, but I can't wait to see your next vintage find! :-)
Have a beautiful week and give a baby kiss to Duke for me!
Love
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

July 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Emma Litton said...

Simply adore you in this dress! I'm the same way, I still haven't taken to plunge to purchase one yet, but they always look so gorgeous, and of course you're photos are tempting me to get one!

xo,
Em

July 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

So flattering, and your styling is spot-on!

July 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oww! Oww! Girl, you are look so completely fabulous and sexy! That dress is just a dream on you! so pretty!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

July 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

You should most definitely do it! you wont regret it. xx

July 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you babe! thats so sweet of you to say! ill give him a kiss for you haha xx

July 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

hahahaha! Thats hilarious..thank you babe xxx

July 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you so much! xx i love it too xx

July 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it, I Love It, I LOVE IT! WOW! What a dress.......I feel like using lots of exclamation marks in this comment!!! !
I totally get what you mean about vintage being preferable.....but, finding a piece such as this?
Fantastic :)

Emma (Dear Thirty)

July 19, 2013 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger Leah Loverich said...

Beyond stunning! <3

leahloverich.blogspot.co.uk

July 22, 2013 at 4:23 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

i'm sorry but i can't stop staring! this little number fits youo like a glove. good buy!

July 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you babe! xx

July 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home