<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Oh my stars

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh my stars



Photobucket

Photobucket
This dress im completely in love with at the moment i bought it last week and immediately took the sleeves up (they were extremely long) it is a little big for me too, but nothing that a belt cant fix!!! the tubing is such a cute feature and i have been looking for a nice blazer dress lately..im having no luck though..this is going to have to be as close as it gets for me until i find one...

Im not lying but the first time i heard this song (oh my stars) i cried..thats right blubbered all over the place..it really is such a beautiful song!!!! ok ok ill admit it..i kinda tear up everytime i hear it...whatever...im a baby..ill admit it ha-ha
Photobucket

Photobucket
I had the most hilarious day today i love it when your days are filled with giggles instead of stress.. although i have been running around organising things for my sister's engagement party this Sunday which im hosting at my house..(a tad stressful) so my hours have been filled making Love banners finding the best chocolate cake recipe and wondering if i have enough champagne for 30 of my family members..ahhhh ha-ha its the first family party i have hosted so the pressure is on... i think my mum is panicking though she keeps saying "are you sure you want to BAKE the cake" "remember last time what happened when you tried to cook a cake" ha-ha but im determined to make a cracker of a cake...no burning (fingers crossed..and toes)
Photobucket
Three things that made me giggle today!!

1 - Passing a car completely handpainted with butterflies (that had have a beautiful day written on a piece of paper in the window) so cute..i wanted to follow it around all day!!

2 - Having a in depth discussion about toothbrushes in the supermarket with complete strangers I mean Medium or Hard...haha it was so funny this guy was so clueless he actually asked me which one to buy!!!

3 - Driving home i saw a man wearing a suit that matched his scooter EXACTLY...the same colour and everything... he looked like a cute beige blob driving around haha
Photobucket
So now im off to read some Tennyson....
Photobucket

And drink some Pear tea...

(Wearing Vintage black dress with white tubing, Beige pumps,Vintage black belt,Sachi red clutch & cotton headband)

14 Comments:

Blogger THELOOKING_GLASS said...

This dress reminds me of an airline stewardess. Cute..

May 19, 2010 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

I am loving the dress and those perfect nude heels! Love.

Also, how cute is the butterfly car! would've been awesome to see.

May 19, 2010 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

thats is a gorgeous dress =)

May 19, 2010 at 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Meghan said...

I love your head scarf! Sounds like you have a lovely plan for the rest of your night.

May 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I LOVE your dress! i'm basically in love with your entire outfit. You're gorgeous.

May 19, 2010 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Ashley J said...

You look SO cute!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com/

May 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Haiku Ambulance said...

Everything about this is so magnificently perfect I just can't even stand it.

May 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger archives vintage said...

sometimes all it takes is some simple tailoring to fix up the perfect dress!!! great job!

May 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

Just keep thinking positive! Your cake will be perfect and the party will be a blast. Repeat. lol

Love this outfit, simple and sweet!

May 19, 2010 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Maebe Isadora said...

Love your dress, somewhat retro. You look great! especially with your cute head scarf!

Great to find more great Perth fashion blogs.

I've added you to my blogroll :) keep up the good work!

xoxo

May 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

you look very 50's chic in the photo. i love it, and i love reading your blog, its soo relaxing. thank you and don't stop...ever :)

May 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

What a cute dress! I just happened upon your blog through Saint Style. I love your vintage look!

May 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Taylor Sterling said...

that headband is perfection on you! I love this retro look!

May 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

This outfit is fantastic! Loving the headband. Your 'three things' sound very giggle worthy. Good luck with the engagement party! I'm sure your cake will be perfect :)

May 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home